Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recession Style Pizza


To start off the Pizza King blog I thought it would be appropriate on the eve of President Obama's economic recovery speech that I would do my part and help out with the "Recession Style Pizza". This starts out with a generic Safeway Select Thin Crust Supreme pizza. In Los Angeles you can get these almost always on sale at your local Von's or Pavilion's markets. Start out with pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees.  I like to add to the pizza because as with any frozen pizza it tends to be lacking in the cheese department. So I get some mozzarella slices or string string cheese and cut it up placing on top of the meat and veggies. I follow this up with a good size helping of shredded Parmesan cheese. Then its time to get it cooking! The package recommends 15-17 minutes but don't pay attention to this.   Keep a close eye and check on the pizza while it cooks.  I would also recommend rotating the pizza when half way done for even cooking. Once the cheese is getting a little brown it's time to take out and get ready to eat.

Taste: Better than some delivery, if not all corporate delivery (Domino's, Papa Johns,Pizza Hut).  Not only is it less expensive it tastes better. The veggies taste alright, same with the pepperoni and sausage.  So, look people we are in a recession, I am not looking for this thing to taste like heaven but at least it tastes better than dirt and it does.


Slice Scale: 2 slices out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment